Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Day 31 - Anything Can Happen Day Part Deux

I'm beginning to think that "anything can happen day" just ain't gonna happen. Maybe it's the fact that Wednesday is just too active sitting there right in the center of the week. Maybe it's that I need better discipline on Monday and Tuesday in order to make way for Wednesday.

Whatever it is... I once again missed my "afternoon of creative exploration" because I was slogging away on a work project that I didn't even know was going to exist 24 hours earlier. In addition, this day's activity not only did not fit into the plan, it actually took away from other work that's been coming along. I did a pretty good job of managing the chaos; a far better job than I have done in weeks, months, and even years past. However, this is still NOT my beautiful life.

At the same time... I can't really complain though. IT was good work, I did a good job, and I handled the basic reality of the situation with grounded stability and an open head and heart.

I DID have a surprising and delightful morning. I even got some solid writing done before stubborn reality kicked things up a notch.

Any way you slice it, it was a good day... Not THE day I was hoping for... but definitely a good day.

No comments: