Friday, October 24, 2008

Part Two - Day 5 - Stepping Into The River Twice

Coming to the end of the first week... a second time around... I thought that things would be mo' different than they are. I have had, just as I did 6 weeks ago, a difficult week of settling into my plans, finding my stride getting things into some kind of orderly and productive reality.

The last two days have both been pretty chaotic, while at the same time definitely being more productive than similar days used to be.

What I'm trying to say is that while SOME things are still pretty much as they were, the differences are significant. The base changes I made have helped me through my weaknesses and I feel like, while I am starting over again, I am not starting over from the same place. The classic saying about not being able to step into the same river twice is clearly at work here. Despite the fact that my days, my work, and my attitudes have changed very little... they have in fact changed much.

What has remained the same, I see ways of altering.

I'm pretty excited about this... I don't quite know where it's all going... but it's definitely going somewhere good.

No comments: