Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Day 36 - Beginning Badly

I spent much of yesterday in a strange funk that seemed to have something to do with what I was (or was not) eating, as well as a shift that the pharmacist had recently made in my epilepsy meds. Every once in a while this happens; I can go on for days, even weeks, at a time with my brain feeling like everything's in sync, and then for a whole day (or two) I will be completely unable to focus, I won't be able to stay on any tasks, and my head sort of spins, first one way and then the other.

The most frustrating aspect of the whole thing is that I typically get next to nothing done on a day like that. It would be great if I could schedule such interruptions, for then I would move them to the weekend and simply take them in stride. When they occur on a Monday or in the middle of a deadline driven project... It starts to piss me off.

Some days when it hits me like that I feel as if I am one of the ordinary super heroes in "Heroes", while on other days I feel like The Elephant Man

Yesterday was something in between.

But then... as it did last night... the condition passes, I get my brain back, and I am able to move on.

No comments: