Monday, September 8, 2008

Book Shelf

There are several books that I have read and worked with over and over in this process of coming to terms with my life. Moving into these next six weeks I go back to my bookshelf for both practical advice and spiritual sustenance.

At the moment (and this will definitely expand over the coming weeks) those books are:

Echoing Silence - Tomas Merton on the Vocation of Writing
A Year with Thomas Merton - Daily Meditations from his journals
Four Hour Work Week - Timothy Ferris
Beyond the Summit - Todd Skinner
Ultra-Marathon Man - Dean Karanazes
The Creative Habit - Twyla Tharp (this last being a book I gave to my daughter several years ago and then stole back from her sometime about two years ago. I keep meaning to return it, but then I start reading it again).

No comments: