Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Words for the Journey

Tim Ferris' book "Four Hour Work Week" has been a great help and inspiration to me over the past several months, not because of the obvious draw that the title offers (I'm still looking for that, but it's not the real message). Tim's got a truly excellent blog that provides insights into an incredibly varied collection of information and helpful suggestions. In addition, the occasional reports on his travels and explorations leave are pretty motivating all on their own.

Despite my great enthusiasm for Ferris, I was still quite surprised to find this post when I went to the site yesterday. It's yet another synchronistic pattern (the kind of thing that tends to happen more and more as you prime your mind and spirit for growth) thrusting itself into my personal time-space continuum. These words from Dr, King, spoken from his Atlanta pulpit only 5 months before he was assassinated in Memphis, are awe inspiring and motivating.

They make a clear and strong statement about what life is about and what is worth living - and dying - for.

No comments: