Monday, September 8, 2008

Go!

I got up this morning, did my first yoga in quite some time (didn't do a lot, because I'm pretty damn stiff), made some coffee, and sat down in front of the iTunes to create a soundtrack (or at least the beginnings of one) for the coming 6 weeks.

I am a very sound oriented person, and I always have been. When I was training to run the Big Sur Marathon (a renewed part of the plan I am starting today) I not only created a soundtrack I even created a motivational music video... and it worked! When I write screenplays or stories I almost always create a "soundtrack" for them as a way of diving more deeply into the story I am creating... Well, starting this morning I'm creating another story...MY story.

So... the soundtrack, as it stands this morning is as follows:

Long Walk Home - Springsteen
Sunday in the Park with George - Mandy Patinkin
Beautiful Day - U2
Where the Streets Have No Name - U2
Move On - Mandy Patinken/Bernadette Peters
Send Your Love - Sting
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - U2
Fields of Gold - Sting
Womankind - Annie Lennox
Born to Run - Springsteen
Putting It Together - Mandy Patinkin
With or Without You - U2
Sing - Annie Lennox
Brand New Day - Sting

This will evolve... but this is how I begin my day... how I begin the next six weeks.

Feel free to offer musical suggestions... please.

No comments: