Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Day 9 - Struggling with Chaos

Like I said, the second week always tends to be the point when things are most difficult. Typically, the newness and excitement of the first week have passed and the drive, gathering, and settling have not fully begun. Plans are in place but the structures have not really been formed.

That's what today was like.

Many of the disciplines I need to make any of this ultimately work are just not formed. I meant to run today, I didn't. I meant to move to checking email twice a day... instead I spent the afternoon checking rechecking and checking again ( a TREMENDOUS waste of time, energy, focus, and productivity). I meant to eat and drink more nourishingly... I ALMOST pulled that off, but not quite.

In general, the day was a bit of a cluster....

What I know - not only from past attempts at this process, but also from life in general - is that it is imperative not to let this trip turn into a major fall. Despite the fact that I didn't make everything work the way I wanted it to, I did accomplish some significant things. Despite the fact that I did not follow my plan in any way, doesn't mean that I can't do it tomorrow.

There's more to this journey than one day.

No comments: